William Trower QC speaking at India Day
William Trower QC from South Square spoke on a panel discussing ‘Investing in Stressed Assets in India’ which was held at Mansion House.
Other speakers on this panel included:
- Sunil Kant Munjal, Chairman, Hero Enterprise
- Sunil Mehta, Chairman, Punjab National Bank
- Lord Jitesh Gadhia, Non-Executive Director, BGL Group
- Bahram N Vakil, Founding Partner, AZB & Partners
Topics for discussion were:
- Current state of stressed assets market in India – opportunities, challenges, and way forward
- What does India need to do next to tackle the stressed assets issue and attract more foreign investment?
- How can stressed assets be packaged in such a way as to appeal to City and global investors?
- Shared insights into the UK and global insolvency regimes and areas for further evolution in development of Indian regime
- The role of various actors: regulator, judiciary, insolvency professionals, banks, lawyers
- Impact of stressed assets on economic growth
India Day was jointly hosted by Her Majesty’s Government and City of London. There were informative panels and discussions during the day, including keynotes from several UK Cabinet Ministers. For further details please visit India Day Website .